Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014

House Fire Possibly Ignited By Cigarette

fireA home sustained heavy damage due to a fire that may have started due to a cigarette in bed. 

Officials say they responded to the fire Monday just before 7am in the 900 block of South 12th Avenue.  Heavy smoke was coming out of the residence when they arrived on the scene, but were able to quickly get the fire under control. 

No one was in the residence at the time of the blaze. 

Officials determined the fire started in a back bedroom where it is believed that someone had been smoking in bed and carelessly discarded the cigarette.

Scroll To Top